Jun. 7, 2007
SAN ANTONIO, June 7, 2007 — AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) has announced that the AT&T wireless unit’s customers now have direct access to traffic information and rerouting services through TeleNav Traffic™, offered initially on the BlackBerry® 8800™, BlackBerry Pearl™, BlackBerry 8700c and the new BlackBerry Curve™. TeleNav Traffic alerts users through voice and on-screen prompts to traffic slowdowns and incidents along their programmed travel route. With just one click, customers can choose an alternative route or can remain on the original course. TeleNav Traffic calculates and provides an ongoing estimated time of arrival based on the customer’s current route and the latest traffic information. Subscribers can also view traffic information on a map and see details of surrounding traffic situations. TeleNav Traffic is a feature of the latest version of TeleNav GPS Navigator™ and is offered as a free feature upgrade for TeleNav GPS Navigator subscribers. TeleNav GPS Navigator v5.1 also includes enhanced business listings, which identify more retailers and office parks. The TeleNav GPS Navigator now allows BlackBerry users to click addresses inside calendar invitations or contact lists for real-time navigation to that location. “Traffic delays are one of the most fundamental and significant inhibitors to the productivity of mobile workers,” said Laura Johnson, senior director, Wireless Enterprise Solutions, for AT&T. “Our new TeleNav Traffic offering will help companies by allowing employees in the field to get to clients faster and therefore potentially handle more calls each day, all of which will result in a higher level of customer service.” According to Texas A&M University’s 2005 Urban Mobility Report, the average person loses 47 hours a year in unexpected traffic delays, and the total travel delay in the U.S. from traffic congestion is 3.7 billion hours. Saving a few minutes on each trip can result in professionals — traveling executives, pharmaceutical representatives, salespeople, field technicians, insurance agents, transportation workers and realtors — closing another deal, delivering additional products or working another case. AT&T customers can receive turn-by-turn voice and on-screen driving directions with the award-winning TeleNav GPS Navigator service. TeleNav GPS Navigator can be used in vehicles or while walking and offers colorful 3-D moving maps. Other features of TeleNav GPS Navigator include:
- Voice and On-Screen Turn-by-Turn Directions. As they drive, users get up-to-the-minute guidance and will automatically be rerouted if they miss a turn. Users can also preview their routes before they begin driving and specify preferences, including highways and streets.
- Easy Address Entry. Customers can either type in the address on the phone, plan their trips online or even call in an address using the unique speech-recognition service integrated into TeleNav GPS Navigator. Speech recognition allows users the ability to quickly input an address if they are already behind the wheel.
- Biz Finder. Allows users to find businesses and services, ATMs, restaurants, hotels and gas stations and to navigate easily to them with the click of a button. Biz Finder also allows users to quickly look up and call the phone number for a business.
- Fuel Finder. Allows users to save money by finding the lowest gas prices in the area.
- Spot Marker. Helps users easily find their car wherever it is parked, such as in a large parking lot or on an unfamiliar downtown street.
- Pedestrian Mode. Allows users to use TeleNav GPS Navigator while they are walking to help guide them on long walks or through crowded downtown streets.
About AT&TAT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. © 2007 AT&T Knowledge Ventures. All rights reserved. AT&T, AT&T logo, Cingular and Cingular logos are trademarks of AT&T Knowledge Ventures and/or AT&T affiliated companies. Subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. provide products and services under the AT&T brand. For more information, please review this announcement in the AT&T newsroom at http://www.att.com/newsroom.
About Telenav, Inc.
Telenav is the leader in personalized navigation. Our mission is to help reduce stress, improve productivity, and make life more fun for people on the go.
Our personalized navigation apps like Scout help people make smarter decisions about where to go, how to get there, and when to leave. Our location-targeted advertising platform Thinknear delivers highly-targeted advertising for national brands and small businesses at locations that drive consumer behavior to the advertisers' goals.
Our products are found in mobile app stores, distributed through our carrier partners (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and U.S. Cellular), embedded in connected cars (Ford), and on the web at www.telenav.com, www.scout.me and www.thinknear.com.
Copyright 2014 Telenav, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
"Telenav," "Scout," the Telenav and Scout logos, "telenav.com" and "scout.me" are registered and unregistered trademarks and/or service marks of Telenav, Inc. Unless otherwise noted, all other trademarks, service marks, and logos used in this press release are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.Back to Press Release Index