Jan. 22, 2008
Key features of TeleNav GPS Navigator™:
- Unlimited access to full-colour 3D moving maps; voice and on-screen turn-by-turn driving directions throughout Europe
- Millions of business listings to quickly look up local businesses and services in easy to navigate categories
- Easy address entry through key pad, or preplanning on website
- Pedestrian mode for walking through city centre streets
- Available for download on the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8310, BlackBerry® 8800, BlackBerry® 8700, BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 and
- BlackBerry® 7130 smartphones*
Pictures of TeleNav GPS Navigator on T-Mobile devices are available on request
London, 22 January 2008: T-Mobile today announces it is the first operator in the UK to launch TeleNav GPS Navigator, the award winning GPS satnav system for mobile phones. Developed by TeleNav, the service is immediately available on a variety of BlackBerry smartphones on T-Mobile and includes GPS-enabled, turn-by-turn voice and on-screen driving directions, addresses and directions to business and community locations, as well as full-colour, 3D moving maps. T-Mobile customers will now receive the benefits of an in-car navigation system combined with the added convenience and portability of mobile phones.
“We are delighted to be the first operator to offer this solution to our Blackberry users, GPS navigation is becoming more popular each year and, through TeleNav, we can offer T-Mobile customers a service that is even better than traditional navigation devices,” said Daniel Meredith, head of Handset and Device Marketing, T-Mobile UK.
Features of TeleNav GPS Navigator include:
- Voice and on-screen turn-by-turn driving directions – Customers key in their destination, or preplan it on www.telenav.eu, and TeleNav GPS Navigator calculates their route. As they drive, they will get up-to-the minute guidance and will automatically be re-routed if they miss a turn. Users can also preview their routes before they begin driving and specify preferences including taking the shortest or fastest route and if they want TeleNav to speak the street names.
- Full-colour 3D moving maps – Drivers can see colourful maps of their current location or an entered address and can pan and zoom around the map to view surrounding streets.
- Biz Finder™ – Users can look up businesses and services, including ATMs, Wi-Fi hot spots, restaurants, hotels and petrol stations and either easily navigate to them with the click of a button or place a telephone call to them from their handset.
- Spot Marker – Customers can mark waypoints to help find their way back to a location or to mark points of interest.
- Pedestrian mode –TeleNav GPS Navigator can also be used while walking, to help guide users on long walks or through crowded city centre streets.
- My Favorites – Users can save many addresses for easy access in the future.
“There is no reason that anyone needs to invest in an expensive, in-car navigation system or a separate navigation device anymore,” said Ian Tredgett, business director for TeleNav’s European operations. “TeleNav GPS Navigator offers T-Mobile customers the same peace of mind and even more features. We developed our solution to exceed customer expectations, and we look forward to delighting T-Mobile customers with our commitment to service and satisfaction.”
*The BlackBerry® 8700, BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 and BlackBerry® 7130 require the use of a Bluetooth GPS receiver.
TeleNav, Inc. is a leading provider of consumer location-based services (LBS), enterprise LBS and automotive LBS. TeleNav's solutions provide consumers, wireless service providers, enterprises and automakers with location-specific, real-time, personalized services such as GPS navigation, local search, mobile advertising, mobile commerce, location tracking and workflow automation. TeleNav's technology is available across more than 500 types of mobile phones, all major mobile phone operating systems and a broad range of wireless network protocols. TeleNav's service providers and partners include AT&T, Bell Mobility, Boost Mobile, China Mobile, Cincinnati Bell, Ford Motor Company, NII Holdings, Rogers, Sprint Nextel, Telcel, T-Mobile UK, T-Mobile USA, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless and Vivo Brazil.
About T-Mobile UK
T-Mobile is one of the world’s largest mobile operators with more than 112 million customers worldwide and in the UK it is the network of choice for approaching 17 million customers, making it one of the largest networks. T-Mobile has a range of innovative products and services such as Flext, a unique tariff with flexible pricing; U-Fix, a tariff that combines pay-as-you-go and a monthly contract and web'n'walk, which enables customers to surf websites on the move. T-Mobile's network coverage is among the best in the UK (over 99% of the UK population) with one of the lowest dropped call rates. It offers the largest worldwide Wi-Fi network, with over 1,000 HotSpots in business-friendly locations in the UK and 21,000 worldwide, and offers the fastest 3G network across the UK with speeds of up to 1.8mb per second. For more information about T-Mobile UK, please visit www.t-mobile.co.ukBack to Press Release Index