In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following types of Personal Data from California residents in conjunction with their use or our delivery to them of our Telenav products and services:
- Identifiers, such as a real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet protocol address, email address, telephone number, account name, or other similar identifiers
- Commercial information, including records of products and services purchases
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to browsing history, search history and information regarding user interaction with our website, platform, products, services and applications
- Geolocation information, including user location, search and route information (starting point and address of user destination, GPS heading and speed)
- Audio, electronic, and visual information, including, but not limited to user voice when user use voice commands while navigating
- Social Media information, including a user’s name, email, token ID and user ID
- Contacts, calendar, and address book content from a user’s mobile phone, as well as from a user’s social media platforms
- Professional or employment-related information
- Inferences about a user which we may draw from above information to create a profile about a user, reflecting the user’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, attitudes, abilities and aptitudes.
We have not sold any California resident’s Personal Data in the preceding 12 months.
We collected such Personal Data from the following categories of sources:
- From the user directly, when the user uses our website or accesses our platform or services
- Business Partners, including service providers and customers
- Other users of our platform, products and services
- Our affiliates.
We collected such Personal Data to use for the following purposes:
- Operate our website and platform and provide services
- Initiate a payment for use of our products or services or performing any other services
- Authenticate user access to an account
- Communicate with the user about user account or services or Telenav (including our affiliates)
- Create an account connection between the user account and a third-party platform or account
- Keep the user account up to date
- Manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing and improving our platform, products and services performance and functionality
- Manage risk and protect our websites, products and services from fraud or other security incidents by verifying user identity
- Market our products and services
- Make it easier for user to find and connect with others
- Respond to user requests
- Undertaking internal research for software development and demonstration
- Deidentify and aggregate information we collect, store and use for any other lawful purpose
In the preceding 12 months, we shared Personal Data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates
- Our partners and service providers
- Third-party platforms or accounts supporting our products, platform or services
- Third parties to transactions involving our products, platform or services or otherwise for purposes relating to our business or as permitted or required by law
- Our service providers.
Your Privacy Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights with respect to Personal Data that we collect in conjunction with your use or our delivery to you of Telenav products and services:
- Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Data we collect, store, process or distribute to third parties; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Data we collect, store, process or distribute to third parties; (3) sources of Personal Data we collect, store, process or distribute to third parties; (4) the business or commercial purpose for which we collect, store, process or distribute to third parties Personal Data; and (5) specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected, stored, processed or distributed to third parties during the past 12 months.
- Right to Delete. Subject to certain exceptions (for example, as we may need to complete a transaction, detect security incidents, or comply with a legal obligation), you may request that we delete Personal Data about you that we have collected or stored.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Data. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Data. We do not currently sell your Personal Data with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. Nonetheless, you may request at any time that we confirm that we have not sold such Personal Data during the preceding 12 months..
- Right to Equal Service and Price. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment in the event you exercise any of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations.
- “Shine the Light” Law (California Civil Code, Section 1798.83). We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Data with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes.
Submitting Requests. To submit a request or to exercise any other rights you may have under this Notice or the CCPA, please send an email to email@example.com, or call us via our Contact Data section, or send us written communication to Telenav, Inc. Attn: DPO, 4655 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara 95054.
Verifying the Requests. Once we determine that your request is not subject to an exception or exemption, under this Notice or as provided under the CCPA, we will verify your identity, or the identity of your authorized agent submitting the request on your behalf, and we will then comply with your request. We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Data and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure or deletion as applicable. We may require you to provide additional personal data to verify your identity before we can process your request.
Authorizing an Agent. You may authorize an agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us via our Contact Data section, or send us written communication to Telenav, Inc. Attn: DPO, 4655 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara 95054. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify the authority of the agent to act on behalf of the Californian resident.
Minors. We do not knowingly collect, store, process, distribute or sell the Personal Data of minors under 16 years of age.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
Contact Information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com, call us at (866) 686-0192 or write to us at:
4655 Great America Parkway, Suite 300
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Changes. We may from time to time make changes to this Notice. We will publish any changes on www.telenav.com and the changes will be effective as of the date of publication.
Last Updated: October 1, 2021